BRYR's mission is to play a part in building a stronger Ballymun community. BRYR does so by putting in place a range of resources for young people to help them have a happy, healthy and successful transition to adulthood. As young people, and eventually as adults, our young people will create a more independent and vibrant Ballymun. See Do The Right Thing - BRYR's Ethical Guidelines
- Every young person has the power within themselves to live a positive life
- The environment in which young people grow up shapes and moulds their welfare and development
- Positive relationships with adults and between young people are at the heart of their wellbeing.
- Equal respect for all young people: never give up on anyone
- Protection and nurturing for young adults in Ballymun between the ages of 10-21
- Professionalism in our support of young people
- Encouragement of voluntarism
- Open and honest communication
- Optimism for the future of Ballymun
Core Work Aims
- Help build positive, trusting relations with and between young people.
- Resource young people to learn useful life skills - how to take responsibility, see consequences, and develop abilities in teamwork, self-expression and problem solving.
- Work towards the development of self-awareness and confidence for young people
- Contribute to the growth of the social, economic and cultural life of Ballymun so that the environment in which young people grow and live is as healthy as possible.